The final two fighters left on NBC’s The Contender are Peter “The Pride of Providence” Manfredo, Jr., ironically the first fighter to be eliminated from the competition, and Sergio “The Latin Snake” Mora. Tonight, we’ll find out live at 8 p.m. ET which one has the most heart–when they beat the fucking shit out of each other. Perhaps the bigger match-up will be this show versus FOX’s little singing competition, which airs its penultimate episode opposite the first hour of The Contender‘s finale. Before the live finale, six fighters will face off against each other in bouts that will be viewable exclusively online on Yahoo. At 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET: Brent “The Disciple” Cooper vs. Jeff “The Hell Raza” Fraza. At 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET: Anthony “The Bullet” Bonsante vs Ishe “Sugar Shay” Smith. And at noon PT/3 p.m. ET, Jimmy Lange vs. Tarick “The Arabian Prince” Salmaci.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Drag Race ends with epic lip sync battle, and a format it should stick with June 24, 2017
- First impressions of ABC’s silly Gong Show and the gong-worthy Boy Band June 23, 2017
- What’s your reality TV show of the summer so far? June 23, 2017
- Appeals court agrees Brendan Dassey should be released—or retried June 22, 2017
- Details about Channel 4’s new Great British Bake-Off, and what Mel thinks June 22, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.