The final two fighters left on NBC’s The Contender are Peter “The Pride of Providence” Manfredo, Jr., ironically the first fighter to be eliminated from the competition, and Sergio “The Latin Snake” Mora. Tonight, we’ll find out live at 8 p.m. ET which one has the most heart–when they beat the fucking shit out of each other. Perhaps the bigger match-up will be this show versus FOX’s little singing competition, which airs its penultimate episode opposite the first hour of The Contender‘s finale. Before the live finale, six fighters will face off against each other in bouts that will be viewable exclusively online on Yahoo. At 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET: Brent “The Disciple” Cooper vs. Jeff “The Hell Raza” Fraza. At 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET: Anthony “The Bullet” Bonsante vs Ishe “Sugar Shay” Smith. And at noon PT/3 p.m. ET, Jimmy Lange vs. Tarick “The Arabian Prince” Salmaci.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- 10 of 13 Big Brother: Over the Top houseguests are in their 20s September 26, 2016
- How keeping ‘Revenge of the Queens’ off VH1 affected RuPaul’s Drag Race September 25, 2016
- Why Love Productions and Channel 4 are delusional about Bake-Off’s future September 23, 2016
- Survivor starts its generation war with a cyclone, choices, and an odd vote September 22, 2016
- Mary Berry quits The Great British Bake-Off, collapsing the soufflé September 22, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.