The final two fighters left on NBC’s The Contender are Peter “The Pride of Providence” Manfredo, Jr., ironically the first fighter to be eliminated from the competition, and Sergio “The Latin Snake” Mora. Tonight, we’ll find out live at 8 p.m. ET which one has the most heart–when they beat the fucking shit out of each other. Perhaps the bigger match-up will be this show versus FOX’s little singing competition, which airs its penultimate episode opposite the first hour of The Contender‘s finale. Before the live finale, six fighters will face off against each other in bouts that will be viewable exclusively online on Yahoo. At 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET: Brent “The Disciple” Cooper vs. Jeff “The Hell Raza” Fraza. At 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET: Anthony “The Bullet” Bonsante vs Ishe “Sugar Shay” Smith. And at noon PT/3 p.m. ET, Jimmy Lange vs. Tarick “The Arabian Prince” Salmaci.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Missing Richard Simmons and the messiness of real life March 27, 2017
- Duck Dynasty ends, TAR returns, and more reality TV highlights for this week March 27, 2017
- Hot Girls Wanted is spinning off a ‘sex and technology’ reality series, Turned On March 26, 2017
- The best/worst networks, lawyers on The Bachelor, and 19 other reality TV news stories March 24, 2017
- Colorado will pay up to $1 million to get Top Chef season 15 March 23, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.