Jeff Probst lists his favorite Survivor seasons, reveals his thoughts on each.
In this week’s Entertainment Weekly, Survivor host Jeff Probst “writes” an article ranking each season of the show and also revealing dirt about each one. Buy the magazine if you want more, but here are the seasons in Jeff’s order from best to worst, along with highlights of Jeff’s revelations:
- Survivor Borneo: “[Sue’s tribal council speech is] probably still the greatest Survivor moment, and another reason why season 1 will never be repeated. And I honestly thought Richard would be the first person voted off.”
- Survivor Australia: “That show delivered every damn week. … I do think Kel had the beef jerky. Just a gut feeling on what I heard and saw. People try to smuggle things all the time, and if you’re really good, you can get away with stuff. … We’ve had people try to smuggle things up their ass! And I won’t say who, because we caught them and it never made the show, but yes, somebody tried to smuggle something up their anus.”
- Survivor Pearl Islands: “I wish we had a Jonny Fairplay every season. Personally, however, he’s an absolute jackass whose actions at the Vanuatu finale after-party pissed me off so much that he’s banned from any event that I’m at from now on. … I hated the Outcasts. I felt it went against everything we say the show is about–that if you are voted out, you are out of the game. In addition, it cost us a great player in Andrew Savage and in return gave us Lill, the most undeserving final-two member ever.”
- Survivor All-Stars: “Worst season I’ve ever had. I even considered quitting many times. I thought, I’m done with this show, I don’t like it anymore, I don’t like these people and their out-of-control egos, I don’t like what the show’s become.”
- Survivor Amazon: “I liked the battle of the sexes. I liked how it exposed the differences between men and women, especially in regards to competition. … Rob Cesternino, of course, was a breakout character and really reminded people how to play this game. … [Jenna] only won because the jury thought Matthew was crazy.”
- Survivor Vanuatu: “I really enjoyed this group of people. … I loved that we had two gay women on the show, although Scout has since informed me that she’s ‘omnisexual.’ … What frustrated me about Vanuatu, watching it as a viewer, was the double standard applied to Chris and Twila.”
- Survivor Africa: “It wasn’t a fun season. And you ended up with a final two of Ethan, who is a nice guy but boring television, and Kim Johnson, who is a wonderful woman, but again–boring television.”
- Survivor Marquesas: “worst location ever. I will never go back to Marquesas–ever. … and by the time you got to the final two with Neleh and Vecepia–I’m sleeping. … It was one of the worst final Tribal Councils ever. It was sooooo boring.”
- Survivor Thailand: “this final four of Brian, Clay, Helen, and Jan was the least likable final four ever.”
All reality blurred content is independently selected, including links to products or services. However, if you buy something after clicking an affiliate link, I may earn a commission, which helps support reality blurred. Learn more.