CBS picks up The Amazing Race 5.
As of the Emmys last Sunday, The Amazing Race 5 still hadn’t been officially picked up by CBS, even though the show had begun casting. But no more: The network has officially renewed the show, which will tape in January and air next summer.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Meet the white nationalist protesters who Trump called ‘very fine people’ August 16, 2017
- Bachelor in Paradise makes itself the victim in a self-aggrandizing infomercial August 16, 2017
- Did The Bachelorette succeed? And 31 other stories about reality shows and stars August 15, 2017
- What changed on Bachelor in Paradise after production resumed August 14, 2017
- This week: a Jersey Shore reunion, a COPS milestone, and many reality shows return August 14, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.