CBS picks up The Amazing Race 5.
As of the Emmys last Sunday, The Amazing Race 5 still hadn’t been officially picked up by CBS, even though the show had begun casting. But no more: The network has officially renewed the show, which will tape in January and air next summer.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- First impressions of ABC’s silly Gong Show and the gong-worthy Boy Band June 23, 2017
- What’s your reality TV show of the summer so far? June 23, 2017
- Appeals court agrees Brendan Dassey should be released—or retried June 22, 2017
- Details about Channel 4’s new Great British Bake-Off, and what Mel thinks June 22, 2017
- Big Brother 19’s twist: temptations and consequences June 21, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.