Delano disqualified; replaced by EJay.
American Idol semifinalist is actually 29, not 23 as he claimed, so he was disqualified before last night’s final semifinalist competition. He was replaced by 20-year-old EJay Day.
+ plus: Ryan Seacrest “is fed up with Simon Cowell.”
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Survivor and the problem of expectation November 22, 2017
- The Thanksgiving story we weren’t told November 21, 2017
- Are Marcus Lemonis’ Profit checks real? Will there be a Partner season two? November 21, 2017
- What are the best reality shows? Start with these. November 20, 2017
- Project Runway’s Wendy Pepper died November 17, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart’s writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, Pacific Standard, and other publications. He has covered reality television for more than 18 years, and created reality blurred in 2000.
A member of the Television Critics Association, Andy, 40, directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.