Following The Mole 2 tonight, ABC debuts Boston 24/7 at 10 p.m. ET. The six-part series is a “look inside the life of an American city and the people who make it work.” It’s also indicative, according to Baltimore Sun writer David Zurawik, of “a new kind of reality programming washing across prime-time network television this month” that includes Barbara Kopple’s The Hamptons, NBC’s forthcoming Crime & Punishment, and the ABC shows Houston Medical and State v.. Some of these shows are produced by their network’s news division, so they’re not quite entertainment, but they borrow from the entertainment division’s techniques.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Alex Apple on his Stranded with a Million Dollars alliance’s downfall March 29, 2017
- If you are not yet listening to the podcast S-Town, change that now March 29, 2017
- Nick Offerman, Amy Poehler will host a GBBO-style competition March 28, 2017
- Trading Spaces is returning to TLC March 28, 2017
- PBS is bringing back one of the best reality shows from the 2000s March 28, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.