Survivor Africa debuts tonight.
The third installment of CBS’ marquee reality TV show debuts tonight. Survivor Africa airs at 8 p.m. ET, and finds 16 Americans stranded in Kenya’s Shaba Game Reserve with Jeff Probst and various African creatures. Some of the coverage of the third season:
- the “most diverse contestants yet”
- Mark Burnett: the show “goes from zero to 60 in about one second.”
- cast will eat cornmeal, not rice
- “‘a dramatic incident’ in the season’s first episode will hook viewers on the show”
- other networks watching to see if ratings will be different.
- “Survivor faces a crucial ratings test when it goes on the air on Thursday”