The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press has joined the fight to get access to Dirk’s deposition, which has been sealed. According to Peter Lance, they’ll file an amicus curiae brief in support of his motion to have the records unsealed under a new California law. NBC is expected to join the brief, according to Zap2it.com, and Inside.com reports that the California First Amendment Coalition is expected to join, too, according to Inside.com.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- How will the Survivor Game Changers jury vote? Here are my guesses May 23, 2017
- Alone season four is changing so much its title no longer makes sense May 22, 2017
- A new Bachelorette, Celebrity Ninja Warrior, big finales, and more reality TV this week May 22, 2017
- The Real World is 25 today: a quarter century of reality TV May 21, 2017
- Survivor 35 theme and title: Survivor Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers May 20, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.