The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press has joined the fight to get access to Dirk’s deposition, which has been sealed. According to Peter Lance, they’ll file an amicus curiae brief in support of his motion to have the records unsealed under a new California law. NBC is expected to join the brief, according to Zap2it.com, and Inside.com reports that the California First Amendment Coalition is expected to join, too, according to Inside.com.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- O.J.: Made in America won the Oscar for documentary feature; White Helmets wins short February 26, 2017
- Review: Netflix’s Ultimate Beastmaster February 24, 2017
- Three reality star profiles and 24 reality TV news stories February 24, 2017
- Behind the scenes of Stranded with a Million Dollars, with Alex Apple February 22, 2017
- A few of Hunted’s absurd rules have been revealed February 22, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.