A Zogby/Reuters poll finds that The Real World is the favorite reality TV show of 11.7 percent of those surveyed. Survivor came in a close second with 11.4 percent. Big Brother (3.9 percent) and Road Rules (3.3 percent). The poll also found that African Americans and Hispanics are more likely to watch The Real World, while whites and Asians favor Survivor.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Are You the One has a new host for season six August 18, 2017
- Project Runway 16 changed more than just its models August 18, 2017
- A brief reassessment of Mike Myers as Gong Show host Tommy Maitland August 17, 2017
- Alone’s producer on season four’s changes, medical checks, and much more August 17, 2017
- Meet the white nationalist protesters who Trump called ‘very fine people’ August 16, 2017
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 39, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.