If you watch Bravo or E! reality shows that follow wealthy people, none of what Bling Empire offers will be surprising. Yet it’s also a thoroughly enjoyable—and just wait until you meet Anna Shay.
Ozzy Lusth has surprised some Survivor fans who didn’t know about the reality show he was on before Survivor when he posted explicit pictures of what he’s been doing lately.
Pat Loud, one of the stars of the groundbreaking 1973 documentary reality series An American Family, died Sunday at age 94.
Premieres this week include a new season of Married at First Sight, Ty Pennington’s new HGTV show, and Ready to Love’s reunion.
A decade after its premiere, Restaurant: Impossible is no longer on Food Network, as it’s moved to Discovery+, the new streaming service that’ll require you to pay to watch it.
Michael Apted, the director responsible for a documentary reality TV series that spans more than 50 years, has died at age 79.
“This is honestly my favorite season since season five,” Hell’s Kitchen showrunner Kenny Rosen told me. In this interview, read his answers to my questions about everything from casting the show to editing, and also about the show’s move to Las Vegas for season 19.
The Hustler has a great host, Craig Ferguson, and a fun set. And it could have been a game show version of The Mole. But some odd choices keep it from being great.
At the end of Six Degrees with Mike Rowe, the host of Dirty Jobs ended the episode by saying that his show “is sponsored by the oil and natural gas industry”—including the same organization currently being sued by several states for the harm it’s doing to all of us.
How to add reality blurred to your home screen, plus details about the design changes, and a preview of some of what’s to come this year.
RuPaul’s Drag Race season 13 promised to kick off a “Brand Ru Year.” Instead it delivered a joyless, boring Groundhog Day of an episode.
Happy New Year! The first weekly preview of 2021 is a big one: more than 60 shows, one-third of which come from a new streaming service.
Life Below Zero will celebrate its 150th episode on New Year’s Day. Watch a clip from that episode, and explore this collection of stories about how this Alaska-set reality show is produced and filmed.
All of the remaining reality TV premieres for 2020, including a few lingering Christmas specials, plus a programming note about reality blurred’s holiday break.
I interviewed The Amazing Race executive producer and creator Elise Doganieri, and director and executive producer Bertram Van Munster, and we talked everything from season 32’s alliance and future rule changes to the status of The Amazing Race 33.
News from around the web
- Survivor Palau’s Angie Jakusz died last Friday at age 40; three years ago, she was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer
- Director Stacy Title, who was married to Survivor alum Jonathan Penner, died Monday from complications due to ALS
- The Bachelor’s creator thinks The Apprentice and Survivor’s creator should be deported, and called him “morally bankrupt”
- Big Brother’s Zach Rance came out as bisexual and said he had a relationship with Frankie Grande. He also said that fame from Big Brother led him to cocaine and drug addiction.
- Real World Hawaii’s Amaya says the cast is being recruited to film a two-week reunion season—though she says her tweet may have killed it