Jeana Keough may be out of OC Housewives; is NJ’s Danielle Staub ex-“coke whore” stripper Beverly Merrill?
There’s been some recent drama regarding three of the four Real Housewives casts:
- Jeana Keough and her family may not appear on the next season of The Real Housewives of Orange County, according to an unsourced, two-sentence post on The Dirty that said “Bravo and the Keough’s [sic] couldn’t come to terms over contract negotiations. As of now, Jeana and her family are not signed on to the 5th season of The Real Housewives of Orange County.” If thats true, that’d leave Vicki Gunvalson as the only original cast member. Jeana has addressed the rumors but only in a roundabout way. Replying to someone who said “hope the show continues,” Jeana wrote on Twitter, “Don’t hold your breath!”, and later, when someone asked if there’d be another season, she wrote, “Yes, that’s what I hear is going on!”
- The Real Housewives of New York City had a bonus “lost footage” episode that was mostly good for illustrating why the footage was left out of the actual season. There were some good moments, but too much was flat, and none of it really connected to the dramatic arcs. The reunion footage was similarly useless except to remind us And to make the episode as unpleasant as possible to watch, Andy Cohen hosted it for no reason at all—it would have worked fine host-less—insisting on showing himself before and after every commercial break. Why embarrass yourself on two episodes when you can have three?
- At the end of the lost reunion footage, Andy Cohen polled the houseguests as to who they’d vote off the show, and of course they all said Kelly, at least before he scolded them about wanting to vote someone off (he’s such an ass). Anyway, Kelly probably won’t leave, since she’s the source of so much drama, but producers are looking for another possible cast member in case someone leaves. A Bravo rep told The New York Post, “We are always looking for new and interesting characters.”
- By the way, the paper reports that each New York cast member received “about $50,000 per episode, up from a measly $5,000” for season one.”
- Tuesday’s episode of The Real Housewives of New Jersey should ramp up the drama significantly, and I may have to take back what I said about it being a lot less interesting than New York. That’s because Danielle Staub, the woman who looks vaguely like LuAnn from the New York cast and who’s the non-family member outsider, will probably be exposed as Beverly Merrill, a “coke whore” stripper who dated a mob informant, and who received just five years of probation for her involvement in a kidnapping scheme, according to the Star-Ledger, which, in one of its two stories about her, reproduced Beverly’s mug shot from the book Cop Without a Badge. One of the cast members help it up during the preview for tomorrow’s episode, a clever way to work the Internet into a frenzy before the next episode.