- Contender boxer Jeff Fraza killed by train
/ 5 Feb 2012
- Contender format sold to Thailand as kickboxing competition; other countries to come
/ 13 Nov 2006
- Contender producer says "NBC fucked up" and Jeff Zucker "is an idiot"
/ 6 Sep 2006
- Contender 2 moves to July; Manfredo felt "ripped off" but will fight again Sunday
/ 10 Feb 2006
- Product placement increased by 30 percent last year; Contender had 7,514 product appearances; Idol 3,497; EMHE 3,318
/ 8 Feb 2006
- Contender rematch ratings score for ESPN; Peter told Sergio, "fuck you, you didn't win that fight"
/ 21 Oct 2005
- Sergio wins Contender rematch in a controversial split decision
/ 16 Oct 2005
- Mora and Manfredo fight again Saturday night
/ 14 Oct 2005
- Contender rematch between Sergio and Peter will air in October
/ 19 Aug 2005
- ESPN picks up The Contender; Manfredo and Gomez match will air in Oct.
/ 11 Aug 2005
- ESPN "close to acquiring" The Contender, perhaps without Stallone
/ 19 Jul 2005
- Contender is "nothing but fake," Ahmed says; he wants to "rip [Ishe Smith's] lungs out"
/ 5 Jul 2005
- HBO or ESPN could pick up The Contender; Burnett says he wants more than "a TV deal."
/ 14 Jun 2005
- Contender renewal, rematch fight both may be announced this week
/ 31 May 2005
- The Contender may move to ESPN.
/ 27 May 2005
- Sergio Mora wins The Contender.
/ 25 May 2005
- live Contender finale airs tonight.
/ 24 May 2005
- Stallone doubts Contender 2 will happen.
/ 13 May 2005
- audience-selected Contender undercard bouts will be shown exclusively online.
/ 11 May 2005
- Contender finale tickets sell out immediately; final four tickets still available.
/ 26 Apr 2005
- Juan quits Contender citing "tougher fights."
/ 18 Apr 2005
- Stallone says "NBC is not giving up" on The Contender and compares it to Rocky.
/ 25 Mar 2005
- Contender "ignores ... that boxing's appeal rests with its resistance to cleanliness."
/ 22 Mar 2005
- Jeff Fraza leaves because of chicken pox; Peter Manfredo returns; Najai loses.
/ 21 Mar 2005
- spoiler: which contender will return?
/ 16 Mar 2005
- Sunday Contender lands in fourth place.
/ 15 Mar 2005
- Contender debut watched by 8.4 million, and is easily beaten by CBS comedy, CSI.
/ 9 Mar 2005
- NBC's The Contender debuts tonight.
/ 7 Mar 2005
- Contender contestant kills himself; Mark Burnett: "Nothing changes" with the show.
/ 15 Feb 2005
- NBC moves The Contender to Sundays; it will make Mark Burnett a rich bastard.
/ 11 Feb 2005
- Contender won't face Idol, "has the potential to revitalize a dying institution."
/ 26 Jan 2005
- The Contender will face American Idol.
/ 17 Jan 2005
- Toyota will spend $16 million for ads and product placement on The Contender.
/ 21 Dec 2004
- Contenders "had to waive their rights to appeal" as part of restrictive contract.
/ 2 Nov 2004
- Mark Burnett says Sylvester Stallone has suggested editing changes for Contender.
/ 15 Oct 2004
- NBC's Contender will air in January; Roy Black will head up The Law Firm.
/ 6 Oct 2004
- Contender may move to January.
/ 20 Sep 2004
- LA Times files petition to disclose results of Next Great Champ, Contender boxing matches.
/ 9 Sep 2004
- Champ, Contender both had tax breaks, permission to ignore disclosure rules.
/ 25 Aug 2004
- judge denies Contender a temporary restraining order against Next Great Champ.
/ 19 Aug 2004
- Contender sues Next Great Champ; judge ruling today on motion to stop FOX's show.
/ 18 Aug 2004
- NBC renews Last Comic Standing for fall, moves Contender up to November.
/ 12 Jul 2004
- Contender producer says "Fox never had this idea"; exec asks, "What is original?"
/ 29 Jun 2004
- sponsorships for The Contender costs around $8 to 10 million per episode.
/ 9 Jun 2004
- Contender casting, will air midseason on Tuesdays opposite American Idol.
/ 18 May 2004
- Stallone sues MGM over Rocky series.
/ 17 May 2004
- De La Hoya rejected The Contender because it's a "tough-man contest."
/ 5 May 2004
- Sugar Ray Leonard joins Contender team, while MGM shops Rocky series.
/ 15 Mar 2004
- at $2 million an episode, The Contender is the most expensive reality series ever.
/ 23 Feb 2004
- Mark Burnett is trying to sell a martial arts competition reality TV show.
/ 22 Feb 2002
recently on Twitter