Survivor Caramoan’s cast of “legit nutjobs” officially announced
The cast of Survivor Caramoan: Fans vs. Favorites was announced this morning, although the identities of the returning “favorites” tribe have been known since last summer.
Also of note: The premiere will be a two-hour episode, airing on Feb. 13.
In the rather amusing, well-edited cast preview video below, Corinne says that she doesn’t have a target on her back because the other returnees are “legit nutjobs,” and she has a point. Special Agent Phillip is even wearing his red briefs again, though we know that production picks out clothes for the cast.
And the nutjobs aren’t relegated to the returnees’ tribe. The “fans” include a woman who named her son after Colby Donaldson and, surprise, a pageant queen. But it also includes some who come off immediately as dicks, like Reynold, who describes himself as “a big, loud, boisterous character” (yes, he really calls himself a character) and Shamar, who was a Marine and says, “I honestly want to make things miserable” for everyone else. Fantastic.
I hesitate to judge from the preview alone because it’s picking out mere soundbites, but yeesh.
The returnees, more of whom are “crazy personalities” than “favorites”:
- Erik Reichenbach, Survivor Micronesia: Fans vs. Favorites
- Corinne Kaplan, Survivor Gabon
- Brenda Lowe, Survivor Nicaragua
- Andrea Boehlke, Survivor Redemption Island
- Francesca Hogi, Survivor Redemption Island
- Phillip Sheppard, Survivor Redemption Island
- John Cochran, Survivor South Pacific
- Brandon Hantz, Survivor South Pacific
- Dawn Meehan, Survivor South Pacific
- Malcolm Freberg, Survivor Philippines
- Laura Alexander, 23, administrative officer
- Sherri Beithman, 41, fast food franchisee
- Matt Bischoff, 38, BMX bike sales
- Hope Driskill, 23, pre-law student
- Edward “Eddie” Fox, 23, fireman/EMT
- Julia Landauer, 21, race car driver
- Alexandra “Allie” Pohevitz, 25, bartender
- Michael Snow, 44, event planner
- Shamar Thomas, 27, Iraq War veteran
- Reynold Toepfer, 30, real estate sales