Thanksgiving weekend includes Survivor marathon, two Apprentices
It’s Thanksgiving weekend, which means it’s time for an orgy of consumption and consumerism. It also means that I’m taking the next four days off, so there won’t be new posts unless unless something huge happens, like Talan announces he’s pregnant with Kevin Federline’s baby.
But there’s plenty of television to keep us occupied when we’re not in food-induced comas or beating each other to death in order to get the last discounted DVD player. Here’s a rundown of reality TV marathons, repeats, and notable standalone episodes that will air over this long weekend:
- OLN will air a marathon of the entire first season of Survivor, hosted by lovable curmudgeon Rudy Boesch. It begins at 7 p.m. ET tonight, breaks at 1 a.m., and resumes at 2 p.m., breaking awkwardly at 8 before the 9 finale.
- Bravo airs a bunch of mini-marathons all weekend. Thursday, starting at 11 a.m., the network airs seven episodes of Being Bobby Brown. Immediately afterwards, four episodes of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List will allow us to relive Kathy’s amazing, loving relationship with Matt, before she filed for divorce. At midnight are another four episodes of Being Bobby Brown, which also airs Saturday at 2. Sunday, the last three episodes of Project Runway air starting at noon.
- CBS airs a regular episode of Survivor Guatemala at 8 p.m. Thursday. After last week’s surprise elimination of paranoid freak Jamie, Judd has to deal with the aftermath. The show’s up against A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on ABC.
- Thursday night, Donald Trump’s Apprentice 4 will air two back-to-back episodes, the first of which is a clip show. Either way, the fun starts at 9 p.m. ET.
- Sunday, ABC airs a special two-hour episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition wherein the team gets help from “the entire community of El Segundo, California, to rebuild the home of a police officer and his cancer-stricken wife.” The Anaheim Mighty Ducks guest star.