Van Halen will not be on Rock Star

Never mind: Van Halen is not the band that will be part of the hypothetical second season of CBS’ Rock Star. Despite what MTV.com reported two days ago, the group says it has nothing to do with the series, and MTV has both deleted and now retracted the original story.

MTV.com sets the record straight today:

“MTV News erroneously reported Wednesday that a source close to the program claimed that if “Rock Star” does return for a second season, that the core Van Halen trio — Michael Anthony and brothers Alex and Eddie Van Halen — would be the band auditioning potential singers. The band flatly denies any involvement in the show.”

The retraction also corrects the record about a conversation with the band’s spokesperson:

“MTV News had also previously reported that a spokesperson for Van Halen said the band had no comment regarding pending projects. However, that spokesperson was never asked specific questions regarding the group’s hypothetical involvement with the “Rock Star” show; MTV News regrets the oversight.”

advertisement