Dancing With the Stars, Hit Me Baby 1 More Time lead summer shows.
Ratings for the first full week of summer reality TV show two new shows leading the pack, and a few others doing pretty well. A breakdown, from Variety’s report:
- NBC’s Hit Me Baby 1 More Time led with more viewers ages 18 to 49, but was watched by 8.9 million viewers overall and “became the top-rated summer unscripted series premiere on any net since Fox’s ‘American Juniors’ in June 2003,” Variety says.
- ABC’s Dancing with the Stars was seen by more people, 13.48 million viewers, but trailed slightly among those ages 18 to 49, which is surprising considering it’s about ballroom dancing. The show “logged the largest overall aud for a new unscripted summer skein since ‘Survivor’ on CBS in May 2000.”
- FOX’s Hell’s Kitchen debuted with 6.8 million viewers, and then moved up slightly to 6.98 million its second week.
- The WB’s Beauty and the Geek, which continues tonight, debuted with 3.17 million, which Variety says means it “opened nicely” for the network.
- Finally, smart kids didn’t attract a big audience on ABC, where The Scholar only earned 4.79 million viewers for its first episode.