Help people with leukemia and lymphoma, win $600 of amazing prizes, including a Slingbox
Since August, I’ve been dragging myself away from the TV to run, joining a group that’s raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society while we train for a marathon together. And I need your help to help people with leukemia and lymphoma.
For every dollar you donate directly to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, I’ll give you one entry in reality blurred’s biggest contest yet, with prizes worth almost $600. So, a donation of $10 gets you 10 entries, and a donation of $50 gets 50 entries. The prizes are listed below, but you can win everything from a Slingbox to items autographed by reality stars (Mike Boogie! Joey Lawrence!) to multiple copies of the Colbert Report DVD.
The winner gets to pick four of the bulleted items below; second place picks three of the remaining ones; and third place gets whatever’s left. The prizes are yours to keep, give as holiday gifts, or auction off to your jealous friends.
Enter by donating directly to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society here. Use the box on the left to enter your (tax-deductible) donation amount, and make sure you enter a working e.mail address. After you donate via that third-party web site (I receive no money; you’re giving directly to the organization), I’ll automatically be alerted of your donation amount and e.mail address, and enter you in the contest. Please donate right now.
Here are the fabulous prizes:
- A Slingbox Solo device, which allows you to watch your home TV—HD, satellite, DVD, or cable—through the Internet on your laptop or cell phone. Take your home TV shows with you wherever you happen to be. (value: $180)
- Three copies of Comedy Central’s The Best of the Colbert Report DVDs, which each include 175 minutes of Stephen Colbert’s show’s sketches from the past two years. ($60)
- A limited-edition autographed lithograph of Will Kirby and Mike “Boogie” Malin, both Big Brother winners, donated by Reality Wanted. ($40)
- Two copies of the Dancing with the Stars book, one of which is autographed by both Joey Lawrence and dancer Elena Grinenko. ($40+)
- A Redondo Tote bag designed by Lexie Barnes, the official gift bag of this year’s Fox Reality Channel awards. ($85)
- A huge pile of stuff—10 assorted t-shirts, 10 water bottles, and a bunch of sticky note pads and pens—from Reality Wanted, the web site that lists reality TV casting opportunities. (~$100)
- The 4-DVD Shark Week 20th Anniversary Collection set. ($20)
- Assorted items from the reality blurred swag closet, which I can’t list here but include books, a TV show soundtrack CD, a TV show t-shirt, and more. ($60)
Again, please, consider giving $1 right now, or maybe even $10, $25, or $100. Besides the fact that your donation actually helps people, it may just win you some of the prizes you see listed above.
The fine print: A winner and two runners-up will be selected at random on Nov. 18, and they will each have 48 hours to respond to an e.mail request for a mailing address, after which a new winner will be selected. Odds depend upon the number of entries; this is a fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and I receive no money, but no purchase is necessary, so if you’re really unwilling to give $1 to help cancer patients, feel free to enter without donating. Any and all taxes on the prizes are your responsibility. You will be sent an e.mail receipt for your donation by Active.com.