Next Great Champ
- FOX pulls ratings loser Next Great Champ, moves it to FOX Sports Net.
/ 5 Oct 2004
- LA Times files petition to disclose results of Next Great Champ, Contender boxing matches.
/ 9 Sep 2004
- another producer sues Next Great Champ just as Burnett says he regrets filing suit.
/ 2 Sep 2004
- Next Great Champ wins in court, will air.
/ 30 Aug 2004
- Champ, Contender both had tax breaks, permission to ignore disclosure rules.
/ 25 Aug 2004
- FOX moves Next Great Champ premiere to Sept. 7; judge reschedules hearing.
/ 23 Aug 2004
- judge denies Contender a temporary restraining order against Next Great Champ.
/ 19 Aug 2004
- Contender sues Next Great Champ; judge ruling today on motion to stop FOX's show.
/ 18 Aug 2004
- Next Great Champ will be previewed Thursday, debut Sept. 10; De La Hoya says he wishes NBC's show "best of luck."
/ 9 Aug 2004
- Next Great Champ wraps after taping fake endings, announcing multiple winners.
/ 28 Jul 2004
- FOX's Next Great Champ could be shut down by athletic officials for violations.
/ 14 Jul 2004
- NBC renews Last Comic Standing for fall, moves Contender up to November.
/ 12 Jul 2004
- De La Hoya rejected The Contender because it's a "tough-man contest."
/ 5 May 2004
- after losing bid for The Contender, FOX orders Oscar De La Hoya boxing series.
/ 20 Apr 2004