Dan Quayle was asked but said no to Dancing with the Stars

Former vice president Dan Quayle was asked by the producers of Dancing with the Stars to be on the show’s seventh season, but he said no.

“I can tell you that he is not doing the show. There was contact (made), … there was interest in having him be on the show. (But) it’s not like he said he was going to do it,” Quayle’s spokesperson Craig Whitney told the Indianapolis Star.

Perhaps most surprising is that the rumor was actually true. Earlier this week, Gossip Sauce reported that the show “is courting Dan Quayle for the new season according to several insiders!”

The actual cast, instead of just the rumored one (which includes Lance Bass and Warren Sapp) will be announced August 25.

advertisement