Audition cities for American Idol 8 announced, include San Juan, Puerto Rico
Just as soon as it disappears, American Idol lumbers its gigantic ass back into our lives, starting auditions for the show’s eighth season next month.
The eight cities—one more than the seven cities it visited last year—include San Juan, the show’s first visit to a non-U.S. state location, and its first non-continental U.S. visit since season three. In addition, the auditions will take place slightly earlier. Last year, they occurred between July 30 and August 27; this year, they go from July 17 to August 19.
Here’s the audition schedule:
- San Francisco, The Cow Palace [Thursday, July 17]
- Louisville, Freedom Hall [Monday, July 21]
- Phoenix, Jobing.com Arena [Friday, July 25]
- Salt Lake City, EnergySolutions Arena [Tuesday, July 29]
- San Juan, Puerto Rico, Coliseo de Puerto Rico [Saturday, Aug. 2]
- Kansas City, Spring Center [Friday, August 8]
- Jacksonville, Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena [Wednesday, August 13]
- East Rutherford, New Jersey, IZOD Center at the Meadowlands [Tuesday, August 19]