I’m not sure this video qualifies as a pawn shop reality show parody, but that doesn’t really matter because it’s so awesome: It stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul as the owners of Barely Legal Pawn and Julia Louis-Dreyfus as a customer trying to sell some of her property. Produced by the Television Academy, it’s essentially a viral promo for next Monday’s Emmy telecast, and it’s one that shows off the talent of its Emmy-winning stars. This is one pawn shop reality show I’d actually watch.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- A former Big Brother houseguest just sold her company for $1.2 billion July 23, 2016
- Big Brother’s Battle Back: the best bring-back twist yet, thanks to the challenges July 22, 2016
- Interview: Homestead Rescue’s Marty Raney on how the show is produced July 22, 2016
- VH1’s Top Model reboot announces its new host and judges July 21, 2016
- Review: The Runner is an exciting competition that was worth the wait July 21, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.