I’m not sure this video qualifies as a pawn shop reality show parody, but that doesn’t really matter because it’s so awesome: It stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul as the owners of Barely Legal Pawn and Julia Louis-Dreyfus as a customer trying to sell some of her property. Produced by the Television Academy, it’s essentially a viral promo for next Monday’s Emmy telecast, and it’s one that shows off the talent of its Emmy-winning stars. This is one pawn shop reality show I’d actually watch.
- Fictional Bachelor expose drama UnREAL gets a second season July 6, 2015
- It’s time for Shark Week, now without lying July 5, 2015
- How that iconic Shark Week shark jump was filmed July 3, 2015
- American Idol, cancelled, threatens seniors raising money for charity July 2, 2015
- NeNe Leakes leaves The Real Housewives for another TV show June 30, 2015
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.