After just one disastrous season hosting, Khloe Kardashian was fired from The X Factor, leaving Mario Lopez to host alone. She joins a surprisingly large list of people who’ve been fired, quit, or left a show that has been on just two seasons:
So, here’s the tally of people who were fired, quit, or left the show:
- Steve Jones, host, season one
- Paula Abdul, judge, season one
- Cheryl Cole, judge for two auditions, not even on season one
- Nicole Scherzinger, judge, season one
- Britney Spears, judge, season two
- L.A. Reid, judge, seasons one and two
- Khloe Kardashian, co-host, season two
Demi Lovato will return for season three along with Simon Cowell, meaning Simon is the only person to survive both seasons. It’s his show, of course.
That the show has even been renewed for a third season is baffling to me, despite the logical reasons: it generates headlines, social media conversation, sponsorshops, and high enough ratings to justify its existence. Still, to be so creatively bankrupt yet continue to survive is absolutely incredible–or, perhaps, just impressive.