After 34 takes, The Glee Project‘s final seven contenders completed their music video for “Eye of the Tiger,” which was ridiculously challenging, hence the 34 takes. It seemed designed to make them fail, and parts even seemed close to impossible: Ali was expected to sink a basket at the very, very end, meaning every time she missed, they had to re-do the entire scene. Watch the video below to see the creative solution she came up with to make that easier, and also to appreciate their work. Though it’s nowhere close to the best in terms of singing/lip-syncing, probably because it was so physically demanding, it’s still fun:
- Naked and Afraid XL is like a more juvenile version of Real World July 27, 2015
- I Am Cait was perfect, and everything reality TV should be July 26, 2015
- Survivor moments + Onion headlines = genius July 26, 2015
- Marriage Boot Camp suffers as a tabloid story comes to life July 24, 2015
- RuPaul’s Drag Race brings back all-stars, plus a regular season July 23, 2015
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.