After 34 takes, The Glee Project‘s final seven contenders completed their music video for “Eye of the Tiger,” which was ridiculously challenging, hence the 34 takes. It seemed designed to make them fail, and parts even seemed close to impossible: Ali was expected to sink a basket at the very, very end, meaning every time she missed, they had to re-do the entire scene. Watch the video below to see the creative solution she came up with to make that easier, and also to appreciate their work. Though it’s nowhere close to the best in terms of singing/lip-syncing, probably because it was so physically demanding, it’s still fun:
Frankie leads Big Brother's parade of delusion
Heading into the finale, the delusion continues, with a re-appearance by evicted Frankie.
Related: The unwatchable cast of Fox's Utopia keeps yelling and screaming.
Shark Tank is getting a spin-off
Companies that get deals on the show will be followed for this new spin-off.
Also: Before the show began, Shark Barbara Corcoran was cast and then replaced--but then she sent this amazing e-mail and won the job.
- Survivor accused of fraud; Diem Brown fighting cancer again; Sons of Guns star arrested for child rape September 22, 2014
- Utopia devolves even further into anarchy and racism September 22, 2014
- What will Project Runway’s designers do without Sandhya to kick around? September 22, 2014
- Juan Pablo hurt ABC’s Latino representation; CBS gets “bad” grade September 19, 2014
- Alcoholism, not a blood clot, killed Michael Johns, friend says September 18, 2014
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 36, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.