After 34 takes, The Glee Project‘s final seven contenders completed their music video for “Eye of the Tiger,” which was ridiculously challenging, hence the 34 takes. It seemed designed to make them fail, and parts even seemed close to impossible: Ali was expected to sink a basket at the very, very end, meaning every time she missed, they had to re-do the entire scene. Watch the video below to see the creative solution she came up with to make that easier, and also to appreciate their work. Though it’s nowhere close to the best in terms of singing/lip-syncing, probably because it was so physically demanding, it’s still fun:
- reality blurred rejected again by Google News May 25, 2016
- This life-affirming show about Alaska is one of reality TV’s best May 24, 2016
- Is Last Comic Standing cancelled? And who cancelled Cold Justice? May 24, 2016
- Behind the scenes with the Survivor Price is Right’s $25,000 winner May 24, 2016
- Your first reality shows, from COPS to Survivor, marathons to VHS May 23, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.