NBC’s 30 Rock aired another episode of its The Real Housewives parody Queen of Jordan last night, and like the first episode of Queen of Jordan, it can’t quite match the actual ridiculousness of the series it parodies, but it’s pretty fantastic parody. It totally has the conventions down perfectly, like the silly music and the establishing shots, and using all of that well as it mocks their product-whoring, selfishness, fake fights, the soft-scripted nature of the show, and the forgotten, boring cast member. I particularly liked Jenna crying, “no one wants me in their story.”
- Thoughts on Bruce Jenner’s new E! show, KUWTK, and ABC interview April 24, 2015
- There was far more verbal abuse on Survivor than we saw April 24, 2015
- Terrific Survivor episode, horrific behavior, ugh April 23, 2015
- Drag Race undoes its bad elimination with a great challenge April 22, 2015
- Sony’s “begging” brought Burnett to Shark Tank, e-mail reveals April 22, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.