NBC’s 30 Rock aired another episode of its The Real Housewives parody Queen of Jordan last night, and like the first episode of Queen of Jordan, it can’t quite match the actual ridiculousness of the series it parodies, but it’s pretty fantastic parody. It totally has the conventions down perfectly, like the silly music and the establishing shots, and using all of that well as it mocks their product-whoring, selfishness, fake fights, the soft-scripted nature of the show, and the forgotten, boring cast member. I particularly liked Jenna crying, “no one wants me in their story.”
- Top Chef 13 location: California March 6, 2015
- Tim McClellan on his Ellen’s Design Challenge disqualification March 5, 2015
- Survivor Worlds Apart recap: socially challenged March 5, 2015
- Will The Real World be cancelled? March 4, 2015
- Duggars laugh as one of them tries to sled over a cat March 3, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.