NBC’s Love in the Wild is nowhere near Survivor or The Bachelor in terms of quality, drama, narrative, or character, and is really mostly a rip-off of Paradise Hotel‘s format of couples pairing up and switching off with so-so challenges thrown in to add some adventure, although the oddly fake-looking visual appearance (like I’m a Celebrity, it looks like it was filmed on a soundstage, and everyone seems to be wearing makeup and have dramatic lighting) takes away most of the consequence and lets us focus on uncomfortable things like forced kissing–but the cast offers some ridiculousness that could eventually make the series fun, if we didn’t have Big Brother coming up to offer all the ridiculousness summer can handle.
- Cyclone Pam devastates Vanuatu, which hosted Survivor March 27, 2015
- Another thrown Survivor challenge backfires beautifully March 26, 2015
- Naked and Afraid gets spin-off, Bear Grylls knock-off March 26, 2015
- The one good thing on the Shark Tank rip-off Food Fortunes March 24, 2015
- Survivor 32 cast may be determined by viewer vote March 23, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.