The seven cities American Idol 11 will visit to find contestants have been announced, and they are St. Louis, Portland, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Charleston, Denver, and Houston. Auditions begin next Sunday in St. Louis.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- What ABC’s game shows can teach reality TV—and Hollywood June 27, 2016
- Big Brother introduces an anonymous third nomination June 26, 2016
- Big Brother’s Corey laughs about a friend trying to set a goat on fire June 26, 2016
- Escape the Night review: a fun mix of Whodunnit, The Quest, Clue June 24, 2016
- Big Brother loses its oldest player, gives power to the returnees June 24, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.