After the IBM computer Watson’s victory on Jeopardy last week, Slate produced this satirical video that suggests Watson has had considerably more experience on game shows–and was on several reality TV shows, including Survivor and The Apprentice–before its Jeopardy appearance.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- New Bachelor: a white guy getting his fourth shot at love on TV August 31, 2016
- Adam Conover responds to criticism of Adam Ruins Everything’s reality TV episode August 30, 2016
- Jessie Graff makes American Ninja Warrior history again August 29, 2016
- An Australian Survivor did something on day 10 that took seven seasons on US Survivor August 29, 2016
- How much Below Deck: Mediterranean passengers will pay, and what they get August 29, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.