Because networks hate us, there are 10 overlapping hours of reality TV finale and premiere episodes airing tonight. Ten! At least we get free desserts today from one of them. The 10 hours break down like this:
- Survivor Nicaragua, CBS, 8 to 9 p.m.
- America’s Got Talent, NBC, 8 to 10 p.m.
- Masterchef, Fox, 8 to 10 p.m.
- Big Brother 12, CBS, 9 to 11 p.m.
- Top Chef DC, Bravo, 10 to 11 p.m.
- The Real World New Orleans, MTV, 10 to 11 p.m.
- Top Chef Just Desserts, Bravo, 11 to midnight
And I’ve excluded the finale of Chasing Mummies [History, 10 p.m.] because of its badly scripted nature, complete with an actor who has her role on the show on her resume, and series that are just airing regular episodes, such as America’s Next Top Model, the “we’re serious about fashion this time, really” cycle.
Time to fire up the DVRs and/or ingest lots of caffeine. Because you know the one show you skip tomorrow night will be the one everyone will be talking about tomorrow morning.