Despite threats and protests, some theaters will show the Oscar-winning documentary The Cove after all. But not many. While protests succeeded in “pressuring three theaters to cancel scheduled releases of the film” and “rallies against the film were reported Monday, however, sparking concerns that extremists could intensify their fight to scare theaters into abandoning the screenings,” The New York Times reports, “six other theaters will start showing the movie July 3, said Takeshi Kato, the president of Unplugged, the Japanese distributor.”
- RuPaul’s Drag Race: Born Naked recap March 3, 2015
- Ellen’s Design Challenge finale disqualified its winner March 2, 2015
- Spring 2015 reality TV show guide March 2, 2015
- Thoughts on Ellen’s Design Challenge, Framework, and Street Art Throwdown March 2, 2015
- Survivor 31 and 32 location: Cambodia, on Koh Rong February 27, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.