Two years ago, NBC aired a four-night reality comparing the show to Glee and American Idol in its promos, and while that is merely their holiday wish rather than a reflection of reality, it does feature people who can sing, which we know because their opening number was “leaked” onto YouTube by someone whose username is iloveacapella1 and who created their account on Friday, and who has no other videos. How mysterious!
- Behind the scenes of The Quest August 1, 2014
- A weak start for The Quest August 1, 2014
- This weird season of Big Brother August 1, 2014
- The Quest is summer’s best new reality show July 31, 2014
- Big Brother reveals a death to a second houseguest July 31, 2014
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 36, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.