A rental van being used by the crew of WEtv’s The Locator was stolen by a man with a warrant fleeing from authorities. That happened last Tuesday as the crew was loading it with gear; the van was eventually recovered. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer has the story, which is pretty amusing, especially since crew members were talking to the thief via walkie-talkies that were in the van.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Apprentice contract’s nudity clause is identical to Survivor’s August 26, 2016
- The many highs and troubling lows of RuPaul’s Drag Race All-Stars premiere August 26, 2016
- The reality of Big Brother: it will stay toxic until we stop watching August 25, 2016
- Ryan Lochte will follow Olympics, lying with Dancing with the Stars August 24, 2016
- Adam Ruins Everything’s claims about reality TV did not match its evidence August 24, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.