A rental van being used by the crew of WEtv’s The Locator was stolen by a man with a warrant fleeing from authorities. That happened last Tuesday as the crew was loading it with gear; the van was eventually recovered. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer has the story, which is pretty amusing, especially since crew members were talking to the thief via walkie-talkies that were in the van.
- Survivor Second Chances cast announcement expected today May 6, 2015
- A&E cancels series after exposing, lying to sex workers May 5, 2015
- Hoarders returns on a new network, with a live intervention May 5, 2015
- There’s compassion and empathy in our reality TV judgement May 4, 2015
- 77 recent-ish stories about reality TV shows and cast members May 4, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.