Hell’s Kitchen star Gordon Ramsay had work done on his face–at the suggestion of American Idol judge Simon Cowell. “My mother said they were smile lines. I could deal with that at 21, but not at 42. Simon Cowell suggested that now I’m a success in America, I should do something, so I had a filler put under the deep crevices. It hurt,” he told Radio Times.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Review: Better Late Than Never has splashes of reality amid scripted shenanigans August 23, 2016
- 204 suggestions for Big Brother’s fall season August 23, 2016
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is a Terminator-like boss in new Apprentice promo August 22, 2016
- 35 new and renewed reality TV shows August 22, 2016
- Lou Pearlman, who created O-Town on Making the Band, died in prison August 21, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.