The “meaningful” reality show Lindsay Lohan and Ryan Seacrest met to talk about is proceeding without Lindsay. Casting for Chance starts this weekend, and casting director Randy Bernstein told me it “is the same show but Lindsay is NOT involved. She tweeted about it but that was very premature and didn’t end up happening.”
The eight-episode “reality game show” series is for an as-yet-unannounced cable network, and will apparently feature rich people choosing whether or not to give money to people who ask for it. Bernstein told me it “will feel like the audition segments for American Idol and America’s Got Talent. Think of it as America’s Got Talent meets Shark Tank.”
Seacrest said on Twitter earlier this summer that the show “helps people and gives others a second shot,” but the second chance part has apparently been dropped along with Lindsay Lohan, which is too perfect.
Now, a panel of “famous rich people will say yes or no” to giving contestants their own money. The casting notice says it doesn’t “matter how extraordinary, selfless or off the wall your dream might be” but contestants do need “passion and the gift of gab.”
The series is now casting, with open calls starting Saturday in Los Angeles, Austin, and Miami; contestants must be at least 14 years old.