Paula Abdul has found a post-American Idol job, and it’s as the host of VH1’s Divas, which will air live Sept. 17 at 9 p.m. She announced that on Twitter, which she uses instead of a spokesperson, writing, “im really excited 2 announce ill b hosting.” Letting Paula host a live show is one of those bad ideas that’s completely genius, since you know people will tune in just to see what happens.
- The Celebrity Apprentice has a boardrooom problem January 27, 2015
- Let’s stop weak Bachelor parodies, like Blake Shelton’s Farm Hunk January 26, 2015
- Why The Great British Baking Show is so delicious January 25, 2015
- Iain, Diana, and The Great British Baking Show’s controversy January 25, 2015
- Rob Cesternino on Survivor, spoilers, and RHAP’s origins January 23, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 36, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.