Paula Abdul has found a post-American Idol job, and it’s as the host of VH1’s Divas, which will air live Sept. 17 at 9 p.m. She announced that on Twitter, which she uses instead of a spokesperson, writing, “im really excited 2 announce ill b hosting.” Letting Paula host a live show is one of those bad ideas that’s completely genius, since you know people will tune in just to see what happens.
- Survivor is destroying American Idol in the ratings April 17, 2015
- Martha Stewart tries to explain Kim Kardashian April 16, 2015
- An unexpected moment of joy in the middle of a dismal Survivor April 16, 2015
- Survivor’s Jenn apologizes for using slurs on Twitter April 15, 2015
- Reality TV podcast RHAP wins two podcast awards April 15, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.