Talking about his new E! series, A.J. told TV critics, “It’s not like I’m on ‘The Hills,’ you know. They tried — I can’t say they tried to get me on the show, but I got a call from MTV, and they were like, ‘Listen, we’re going to put you in there. You’ll pretend you’re Brody’s best friend.’ And I’m like, ‘I’ve never met these people. Who are these people?”
- Big Brother 17 premiere date; Survivor, TAR ratings February 26, 2015
- Survivor Worlds Apart recap: so many choices, so much fun February 26, 2015
- Zach Rance’s devastating confession about post-Big Brother life February 26, 2015
- Top Model’s Mirjana Puhar murdered February 25, 2015
- My 51 favorite Survivor stories February 25, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.