Talking about his new E! series, A.J. told TV critics, “It’s not like I’m on ‘The Hills,’ you know. They tried — I can’t say they tried to get me on the show, but I got a call from MTV, and they were like, ‘Listen, we’re going to put you in there. You’ll pretend you’re Brody’s best friend.’ And I’m like, ‘I’ve never met these people. Who are these people?”
- Drag Race has a debut date and new judges January 28, 2015
- The Celebrity Apprentice has a boardrooom problem January 27, 2015
- Let’s stop weak Bachelor parodies, like Blake Shelton’s Farm Hunk January 26, 2015
- Why The Great British Baking Show is so delicious January 25, 2015
- Iain, Diana, and The Great British Baking Show’s controversy January 25, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 36, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.