The American Idol 8 finalists’ 50-city tour started last night in Portland, and USA TODAY’s Brian Mansfield has an obsessive amount of coverage of the event from start to finish. That includes detailed run-downs of each finalists’ set (Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta, the group numbers) and the full set list, plus pre- and post-concert reactions from fans and Idols alike. The tour moves on to Seattle/Tacoma tomorrow night, and tickets are still available, but there are no reports on how well tickets are selling.
- Why Jillian Michaels quit again; Adam Richman apologies; Drunk History’s accuracy; A&E sued July 25, 2014
- How Blair Witch’s creators helped create The Quest July 24, 2014
- Housewives stunt doesn’t have a leg to stand on July 23, 2014
- Fox: Idol’s real problem is its kids July 22, 2014
- Welcome to the new reality blurred July 21, 2014
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 36, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.