The American Idol 8 finalists’ 50-city tour started last night in Portland, and USA TODAY’s Brian Mansfield has an obsessive amount of coverage of the event from start to finish. That includes detailed run-downs of each finalists’ set (Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta, the group numbers) and the full set list, plus pre- and post-concert reactions from fans and Idols alike. The tour moves on to Seattle/Tacoma tomorrow night, and tickets are still available, but there are no reports on how well tickets are selling.
- This life-affirming show about Alaska is one of reality TV’s best May 24, 2016
- Is Last Comic Standing cancelled? And who cancelled Cold Justice? May 24, 2016
- Behind the scenes with the Survivor Price is Right’s $25,000 winner May 24, 2016
- Your first reality shows, from COPS to Survivor, marathons to VHS May 23, 2016
- Time to switch up Shark Tank’s lineup. And drop Mr. Wonderful. May 20, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.