The fourth hour of NBC’s Today Show is frequently laughably ridiculous, but next week it’ll get even more so, with a different Real Housewives cast member co-hosting each day. It’s shameless NBC Universal cross-promotion, but may still be entertaining–although that possibility has diminished since normally wacky host Kathie Lee Gifford is taking the week off. New York’s Bethenny Frankel co-hosts Monday, New Jersey’s Danielle Staub will be there Tuesday; Atlanta’s NeNe Leakes co-hosts Wednesday, and Thursday O.C.’s Tamra Barney will be there.
- Here’s CBS’ new reality series, which manipulates poor families April 28, 2015
- The Osbournes won’t be returning to TV April 28, 2015
- Dan justifies Shirin’s abuse on Survivor by blaming the victim April 27, 2015
- Why the Ben Affleck model should become reality TV’s standard April 27, 2015
- Thoughts on Bruce Jenner’s new E! show, KUWTK, and ABC interview April 24, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.