After being proposed to and then dumped on The Bachelor 13, and then being dumped by viewers on the Dancing with the Stars 8 finale, Melissa Rycroft is once again engaged. This time, it’s to her boyfriend Tye Strickland, who she’d dated before going on the show. Gossip magazines reported the engagement Monday, and minutes ago, Melissa confirmed it on Twitter, writing, “Guess the secret’s out…Thank you all so much for being so great and supportive!! We’re soooo excited!” People has all the details for those who care.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Review: UnReal season two fails, as a drama and reality TV satire July 25, 2016
- A former Big Brother houseguest just sold her company for $1.2 billion July 23, 2016
- Big Brother’s Battle Back: the best bring-back twist yet, thanks to the challenges July 22, 2016
- Interview: Homestead Rescue’s Marty Raney on how the show is produced July 22, 2016
- VH1’s Top Model reboot announces its new host and judges July 21, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.