Greg Insco walked 2,200 miles from Cincinnati to Los Angeles in order to hand-deliver his Survivor video to casting director Lynne Spillman, and then he was rejected for being “too nice.” I’d make fun of him except it’s hard to mock someone who’s growing his hair out only so he can donate something to Locks of Love, and is hitchhiking his way back having refused offers for plane tickets to return home because he’d rather people give the money to charity. Despite being rejected, he’s still upbeat and says he has a plan B. Maybe that involves using something called the United States Postal Service.
Survivor San Juan Del Sur's dark cloud is lifted
In its third episode, Survivor San Juan Del Sur improved significantly as John Rocker faced off against an Amazing Race villain. But the Exile Island reward challenge remains a drag on the series.
Why Dick Donato left Big Brother 13
The Big Brother villain known as "Evel Dick" has finally revealed why he left the show during its 13th season: he learned he was HIV positive.
Also: Dick claims he had no choice but to leave the game.
- How The Chair is trying to prevent a popularity contest for its $250,000 prize October 31, 2014
- Best Shark Tank strategy: “We’re going to pass on that question” October 30, 2014
- For a bag of rice, Jeff Probst bleeds a tribe, and Survivor, dry October 29, 2014
- Time for a Face Off facelift, but please keep Lois Burwell October 29, 2014
- Juan Pablo and Nikki split; Big Brother to China; TAR’s routes; MasterChef turtle beheading October 29, 2014
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 36, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.