ABC News burned some of its credibility by essentially rewriting The Wrap’s bullshit story about reality TV suicides. Because oversimplifying something complex and blaming it on reality TV required two writers, Luchina Fisher and Dean Praetorius, and they end each summary of a reality TV-related suicide or suicide attempt in their lazy story by noting that the show’s network didn’t comment despite multiple requests. Here’s a comment: Find some real news to rewrite.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- The Runner debuts today: everything you need to know July 1, 2016
- Big Brother’s Redemption Island, Battle Back, won’t air until late July June 30, 2016
- Why Home Free changed in season two: an interview with its producer June 30, 2016
- Australian Survivor previews its major changes June 29, 2016
- Top Gear USA cancelled, but may return on a new network June 29, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.