ABC News burned some of its credibility by essentially rewriting The Wrap’s bullshit story about reality TV suicides. Because oversimplifying something complex and blaming it on reality TV required two writers, Luchina Fisher and Dean Praetorius, and they end each summary of a reality TV-related suicide or suicide attempt in their lazy story by noting that the show’s network didn’t comment despite multiple requests. Here’s a comment: Find some real news to rewrite.
- First thoughts about NBC’s The Island May 26, 2015
- Developments in the Josh Duggar molestation story May 26, 2015
- The reality TV I think is worthy of a TCA Award nomination May 26, 2015
- TLC pulls, doesn’t cancel, 19 Kids and Counting May 22, 2015
- Another Big Brother on Survivor; another brawn, brains, beauty season May 22, 2015
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.