With three new reality shows airing at the same time on Wednesday night, there is one clear loser and no clear winner: Despite Heidi and Spencer’s best efforts, NBC’s I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here 2 has about half of the viewership of both Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance and ABC’s Wipeout. TV By the Numbers has the numbers. Although the last two are nearly tied with around 8 million viewers each, bodies bouncing off of rubberized, padded things remain ahead among viewers while dancing rules among younger, sexier viewers ages 18 to 49.
reality TV news and reviews, in your inbox
- Adam Conover responds to criticism of Adam Ruins Everything’s reality TV episode August 30, 2016
- Jessie Graff makes American Ninja Warrior history again August 29, 2016
- An Australian Survivor did something on day 10 that took seven seasons on US Survivor August 29, 2016
- How much Below Deck: Mediterranean passengers will pay, and what they get August 29, 2016
- Apprentice contract’s nudity clause is identical to Survivor’s August 26, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.