You’d think that for the number-two reality show in the United States and a top-five most-popular show, one that doesn’t even award a cash prize, could afford a decent trophy. But no: ABC’s “stupid trophy” is a certified POS. First Cheryl Burke’s crumbled, and now Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas’ trophies were both broken during a flight. ABC is repairing them, the AP reports, but since they’re such cheapskates, it’s probably just with duct tape.
- How Blair Witch’s creators helped create The Quest July 24, 2014
- Housewives stunt doesn’t have a leg to stand on July 23, 2014
- Fox: Idol’s real problem is its kids July 22, 2014
- Welcome to the new reality blurred July 21, 2014
- Drag Race, Cosmos win TV critics’ awards July 19, 2014
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 36, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.