You’d think that for the number-two reality show in the United States and a top-five most-popular show, one that doesn’t even award a cash prize, could afford a decent trophy. But no: ABC’s “stupid trophy” is a certified POS. First Cheryl Burke’s crumbled, and now Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas’ trophies were both broken during a flight. ABC is repairing them, the AP reports, but since they’re such cheapskates, it’s probably just with duct tape.
- TLC pulls, doesn’t cancel, 19 Kids and Counting May 22, 2015
- Another Big Brother on Survivor; another brawn, brains, beauty season May 22, 2015
- Duggars’ insane response to Josh Duggar molesting girls, including his sisters May 22, 2015
- A dramatic reunion and satisfying finale ends a rocky Survivor May 21, 2015
- RuPaul’s Drag Race is fixed, an alleged insider claims May 20, 2015
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.