Three notable new series debut tonight, but they’re pretty different. At 8 p.m. ET, in the wake of Susan Boyle, NBC debuts the fourth season of America’s Got Talent, which has a new host, Nick Cannon. Also at 8, ABC resurrects the 1970s series The Superstars at 9 p.m. ET, pairing “celebrities” with pro athletes for the competition. And at 10, just as it turned Desperate Housewives into The Real Housewives, Bravo turns Gossip Girl into a reality series, NYC Prep.
- What slasher movies can teach us about reality TV July 31, 2015
- Knock Knock Live. Who’s there? No one, so you’re cancelled July 30, 2015
- Where Ghost Hunters will go during season 10 July 30, 2015
- Fired Mythbusters who don’t work for McDonalds now have a new job July 29, 2015
- Life on the Reef is another wonderfully gripping nature series July 29, 2015
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.