Three notable new series debut tonight, but they’re pretty different. At 8 p.m. ET, in the wake of Susan Boyle, NBC debuts the fourth season of America’s Got Talent, which has a new host, Nick Cannon. Also at 8, ABC resurrects the 1970s series The Superstars at 9 p.m. ET, pairing “celebrities” with pro athletes for the competition. And at 10, just as it turned Desperate Housewives into The Real Housewives, Bravo turns Gossip Girl into a reality series, NYC Prep.
- Cyclone Pam devastates Vanuatu, which hosted Survivor March 27, 2015
- Another thrown Survivor challenge backfires beautifully March 26, 2015
- Naked and Afraid gets spin-off, Bear Grylls knock-off March 26, 2015
- The one good thing on the Shark Tank rip-off Food Fortunes March 24, 2015
- Survivor 32 cast may be determined by viewer vote March 23, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.