Three notable new series debut tonight, but they’re pretty different. At 8 p.m. ET, in the wake of Susan Boyle, NBC debuts the fourth season of America’s Got Talent, which has a new host, Nick Cannon. Also at 8, ABC resurrects the 1970s series The Superstars at 9 p.m. ET, pairing “celebrities” with pro athletes for the competition. And at 10, just as it turned Desperate Housewives into The Real Housewives, Bravo turns Gossip Girl into a reality series, NYC Prep.
- How that iconic Shark Week shark jump was filmed July 3, 2015
- American Idol, cancelled, threatens seniors raising money for charity July 2, 2015
- NeNe Leakes leaves The Real Housewives for another TV show June 30, 2015
- NBC finally fires Donald Trump over his racist pandering June 29, 2015
- Survivor China’s Jean-Robert wins $784,828 June 29, 2015
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.