Three notable new series debut tonight, but they’re pretty different. At 8 p.m. ET, in the wake of Susan Boyle, NBC debuts the fourth season of America’s Got Talent, which has a new host, Nick Cannon. Also at 8, ABC resurrects the 1970s series The Superstars at 9 p.m. ET, pairing “celebrities” with pro athletes for the competition. And at 10, just as it turned Desperate Housewives into The Real Housewives, Bravo turns Gossip Girl into a reality series, NYC Prep.
- 8 secrets about Wizard Wars’ magic January 30, 2015
- Survivor’s Culpepper defends his disability claim January 29, 2015
- Anderson Cooper on The Mole and its future January 29, 2015
- Drag Race has a debut date and new judges January 28, 2015
- The Celebrity Apprentice has a boardrooom problem January 27, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 36, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.