As if Gene Simmons didn’t embarrass himself enough on The Celebrity Apprentice, he’s now making assanine comments about American Idol 8 runner-up Adam Lambert, with whom he performed during the show’s finale. Gene told Fox Philadelphia that Adam “has a lot of talent” but when asked about performing with Adam, said, “How was it for him to perform with us, you mean? That’s right, I see. Well, you just have to realize who the governor is and who the little puppy is.” More egregiously, Gene said Adam “should shut up about his sexual preferences. We, America, the rest of the world, really don’t care. I mean, if the story becomes ‘I prefer farm animals to,’ you know, who cares?” Oh, Gene, you need to shut the fuck up–and take a cue from Kris Allen, who took the news that Adam had a crush on him gracefully, telling People, “I’m flattered and think it’s hilarious.”
- Let’s stop weak Bachelor parodies, like Blake Shelton’s Farm Hunk January 26, 2015
- Why The Great British Baking Show is so delicious January 25, 2015
- Iain, Diana, and The Great British Baking Show’s controversy January 25, 2015
- Rob Cesternino on Survivor, spoilers, and RHAP’s origins January 23, 2015
- The Taste season 3 ends in the best way possible January 23, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 36, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.