As if Gene Simmons didn’t embarrass himself enough on The Celebrity Apprentice, he’s now making assanine comments about American Idol 8 runner-up Adam Lambert, with whom he performed during the show’s finale. Gene told Fox Philadelphia that Adam “has a lot of talent” but when asked about performing with Adam, said, “How was it for him to perform with us, you mean? That’s right, I see. Well, you just have to realize who the governor is and who the little puppy is.” More egregiously, Gene said Adam “should shut up about his sexual preferences. We, America, the rest of the world, really don’t care. I mean, if the story becomes ‘I prefer farm animals to,’ you know, who cares?” Oh, Gene, you need to shut the fuck up–and take a cue from Kris Allen, who took the news that Adam had a crush on him gracefully, telling People, “I’m flattered and think it’s hilarious.”
- Thoughts on Bruce Jenner’s new E! show, KUWTK, and ABC interview April 24, 2015
- There was far more verbal abuse on Survivor than we saw April 24, 2015
- Terrific Survivor episode, horrific behavior, ugh April 23, 2015
- Drag Race undoes its bad elimination with a great challenge April 22, 2015
- Sony’s “begging” brought Burnett to Shark Tank, e-mail reveals April 22, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.