One week after the American Idol 6 finale began, I barely have the energy to care about the show any more. But here are some lingering stories:
- Because America’s cable news networks have 6,240 minutes to fill every day, FOX News’ Your World with Neil Cavuto had MeMe Roth of the National Action Against Obesity on to talk about how allegedly fat Jordin is and how “she’s going to have to drop that weight”; Roth also mentioned the “sway the up-and-coming pop stars have on American children.” She apparently posted the video of her own appearance to YouTube and is trying to back away from her part in the fact that the whole segment was about how fat Jordin is and why that’s bad.
- Meanwhile, Jordin tells the AP that Brad Pitt is “just really cute” and that she’s “just a normal, quirky 17-year-old.” However, Jordin, whose MySpace page used to show her holding a “Stop Abortion Now” sign, wears a “Purity Ring, and that it says she waiting until she is married, and saving herself for true love,” LifeNews.com reports.
- The show’s runner-up, Blake, says “This is My Now” sucks and “is definitely not my style, a song I would never sing if I didn’t have to. It fit [Jordin] like perfectly. And I honestly think they should have had two songs that were tailored to both of us, but I’m so happy with being second place.” According to People, he also wants “to do voiceover work for maybe like a Pixar or DreamWorks movie.”
- A Page Six source claims “Paula did not break her nose. She had pitched a fit, threw something into a mirror or glass object, and a shard of glass struck her in the face, which explains why Paula’s nose didn’t seem swollen.” But Paula’s people say that is “absolutely, categorically untrue.”
- Humiliating Kenneth Briggs all over again during the finale only cost the producers $1,500, which is what they paid the Milwaukee Zoo to name a bush baby “Simon.” County Executive Scott Walker tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, “We plan to invite Briggs to the zoo and give him a permanent pass.”
Life After Idol for Sparks, Lewis [AP]
American Idol Winner Jordin Sparks a Pro-Life Advocate, Opposes Abortion [LifeNews.com]
Blake Lewis: ‘I’m Glad I Didn’t Win’ [People]
Caine Coverup [New York Post]
Zoo’s new ‘Idol’ winner [Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel]