Bo Bice’s ongoing intestinal problems led to emergency surgery yesterday, from which he is now recovering. Last year, he left the Idols tour after having emergency surgery, and then had a follow-up procedure in December.
Bo’s publicist, Roger Widynowski, told People, “Bo is still in the hospital, and he’s stable. He had tests in the morning [Monday] and after review of said tests it was determined that surgery should be performed immediately.” His web site makes the situation sound a bit more dire: his “surgery was not easy or routine,” it says.
His surgery will affect his current tour, and dates have been cancelled. His web site adds that they are “hopeful that this procedure will be the final resolution to the problems that have existed for the past year. Bo is disappointed to say that this will obviously impact the remainder of the tour, but to what extent is currently unclear.”