The Benefactor has had significantly lower ratings than The Apprentice, which maybe shouldn’t be surprising if only because the former show airs on the notoriously incompetent ABC, which airs the show Mondays pre-football on the east coast and post-football on the west coast. More interesting, though, is the continuing quasi-feud between Mark Cuban and Donald Trump. Recently Trump said on CNBC that Cuban’s show “was absolutely terrible. I thought Mark was terrible … They really tanked, so I doubt they can finish out the season.” As Page Six details, Cuban was scheduled to appear on Squawk Box to reply, but cancelled after producers wouldn’t air a graphic of Trump’s companies. “I was going on the show because he [Trump] talked all this trash and I was going to talk trash right back. But since it’s enemy territory, I wanted something to grab onto when they tried changing direction on me,” Cuban told the paper. On Trump, he says, “In the boardroom he doesn’t know what he’s doing. The lessons he gives on ‘The Apprentice’ are garbage. I’ll put up the lessons from ‘The Benefactor’ against his any day.”
- What Chris Sacca learned from being on Shark Tank February 12, 2016
- Price is Right specials will have Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother cast play against viewers February 12, 2016
- This weekend, marathons of Flavor of Love, I Love New York are back February 11, 2016
- Jason Silva on how Brain Games creates existential panic February 11, 2016
- A&E jails innocent people to help a sheriff: this week in ludicrous reality TV February 10, 2016
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Vulture, and many other publications. Andy, 38, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.