Atlanta Gas Light Company ad featuring Paschal English, aka Survivor Marquesas‘ “Pappy,” has annoyed some nameless legal experts. As the AP reports, “some legal experts say judges shouldn’t do advertising at all” because they’re not allowed to “[use] the prestige of their position to benefit private interests.” Pappy’s response: “The fact that someone knows me as a judge — does that preclude me from doing anything?”
- Survivor Worlds Apart recap: so many choices, so much fun February 26, 2015
- Zach Rance’s devastating confession about post-Big Brother life February 26, 2015
- Top Model’s Mirjana Puhar murdered February 25, 2015
- My 51 favorite Survivor stories February 25, 2015
- Dancing with the Stars 20’s cast February 24, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.