Atlanta Gas Light Company ad featuring Paschal English, aka Survivor Marquesas‘ “Pappy,” has annoyed some nameless legal experts. As the AP reports, “some legal experts say judges shouldn’t do advertising at all” because they’re not allowed to “[use] the prestige of their position to benefit private interests.” Pappy’s response: “The fact that someone knows me as a judge — does that preclude me from doing anything?”
- Tyra says Top Model may end soon, maybe. Or not. August 4, 2015
- I Am Cait lost half its viewers August 4, 2015
- Chris Harrison is so mad that Bachelor satire isn’t respectful August 3, 2015
- What’s happening with Finding Your Roots season 3 August 3, 2015
- The Great British Baking Show returns to PBS this fall August 2, 2015
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.