Following The Mole 2 tonight, ABC debuts Boston 24/7 at 10 p.m. ET. The six-part series is a “look inside the life of an American city and the people who make it work.” It’s also indicative, according to Baltimore Sun writer David Zurawik, of “a new kind of reality programming washing across prime-time network television this month” that includes Barbara Kopple’s The Hamptons, NBC’s forthcoming Crime & Punishment, and the ABC shows Houston Medical and State v.. Some of these shows are produced by their network’s news division, so they’re not quite entertainment, but they borrow from the entertainment division’s techniques.
- Make deal on Shark Tank, back out, profit February 27, 2015
- Big Brother 17 premiere date; Survivor, TAR ratings February 26, 2015
- Survivor Worlds Apart recap: so many choices, so much fun February 26, 2015
- Zach Rance’s devastating confession about post-Big Brother life February 26, 2015
- Top Model’s Mirjana Puhar murdered February 25, 2015
about the writer
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.