Following The Mole 2 tonight, ABC debuts Boston 24/7 at 10 p.m. ET. The six-part series is a “look inside the life of an American city and the people who make it work.” It’s also indicative, according to Baltimore Sun writer David Zurawik, of “a new kind of reality programming washing across prime-time network television this month” that includes Barbara Kopple’s The Hamptons, NBC’s forthcoming Crime & Punishment, and the ABC shows Houston Medical and State v.. Some of these shows are produced by their network’s news division, so they’re not quite entertainment, but they borrow from the entertainment division’s techniques.
- An offer of $1 million adds just 16,000 viewers to Startup U September 2, 2015
- This disturbing promo for reality game show Hellevator is not okay September 1, 2015
- Fall reality shows 2015 schedule and guide September 1, 2015
- Don’t miss Big Blue Live, the year’s most spectacular live reality show September 1, 2015
- Billionaire will give $1 million to charity if more people watch his reality show August 31, 2015
about Andy Dehnart
Andy Dehnart is a journalist who has covered reality television for more than 15 years and created reality blurred in 2000. A member of the Television Critics Association, his writing and criticism about television, culture, and media has appeared on NPR and in Playboy, Buzzfeed, and many other publications. Andy, 37, also directs the journalism program at Stetson University in Florida, where he teaches creative nonfiction and journalism. He has an M.F.A. in nonfiction writing and literature from Bennington College. More about reality blurred and Andy.