American Fighter Pilot debuts tonight.
CBS’ new series following three men training to become “combat-ready F-15 pilots” debuts tonight at 8 p.m. ET. AFP: American Fighter Pilot is produced by Ridley Scott (“Black Hawk Down”) and Tony Scott (“Top Gun”). The eight episode show was taped well before Sept. 11, although producers will connect those events to the show via interviews and footage. What critics are saying about the show:
- “the series is saved from total ruin by the subject matter.”
- “either the longest recruitment ad in history or a really mediocre reality show.”
- “raises the troubling question of how far impresarios of prime time will go to make the world safe for democracy.”
- “has the potential to open a fascinating window on a high-octane, risky day job”
- “an entire show on fast-forward, with all the ferocity of a relentless video game.”